ANIMAL RESCUE AND ADOPTION TEAM INC.
Volunteer Requirements & Opportunities
DO YOU HAVE A “HEART” FOR ANIMALS IN NEED?
HEART relies solely on the time, energy, and dedication of volunteers. Brought together by a love of animals, our volunteers save the lives of hundreds of animals each year. HEART volunteers don’t just love animals; they put their love of animals into action. It’s true that no one person can save them all…but if you can make a difference in the life of just one animal, your contribution is invaluable.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must complete a volunteer application.
- Volunteers must attend Volunteer Orientation.
- Volunteers must sign a Release & Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Volunteers are expected to perform a regular “paws on” assignment.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to scheduled volunteer times.
- Sew or stuff catnip kick sticks or catnip pillows
- Do you have a flair for decorating cookies? Frost and decorate dog biscuits.
- Welcome a cat, kittens, puppies or dogs into your home and care for them until adoption.
You can read more about this position by visiting our Foster Page.
- Initiate and organize fundraising campaigns and special events
- Assist chairperson for a major fundraiser.
- Assist with an event by helping with set-up/clean-up, serving, raffles and more.
- Acquire donations for upcoming events.
Do you have creative grant-writing expertise to help us identify foundation and corporate grants and to prepare formal grant applications?
- Visit schools to teach children lessons on the care of animals and the responsibilities of pet ownership and the important work of HEART.
- Help broaden the awareness of HEART in the community.
- Look for opportunities to participate in community events to promote HEART.
- Manage publicity and public relations to provide a “recognized” image.
- Look for media opportunities to promote HEART.
- Serve as liaison to local media (TV, radio, newspapers).
HEART ADOPTION CENTER (HAC)
- HAC morning cleaning staff to provide important behind the scenes help caring for the cats, cleaning and preparing the adoption center to be open to the public.
- Work when the adoption center is open to the public evenings & Saturday to greet visitors, answer questions about basic cat behavior and care and adoptions.
PUBLIC OUTREACH/SPECIAL EVENTS
- Speak to community groups and civic organizations to promote an understanding of pet overpopulation, the plight of homeless animals in Western New York and the important work HEART does.
- Serve as a liaison for organizations that wish to raise money or collect supplies for HEART.
- Find new ways to recruit volunteers.
- Find ways to retain existing volunteers and reward their hard work.
206 Lake Street, Hamburg
Hamburg, NY 14075